Wetland Information Maps and Indicators
The first set of GlobWetland II geo-information maps will be produced for 3 points in time (1975-76, 1990-91, 2005-06), on the 200 wetland sites, at a geographical scale of 1:50,000 to 1:100,000, taking full advantage of the time series of Landsat data (MSS, TM and ETM):
- land-use and land-cover maps, including wetland typologies;
- change detection maps for long-term change and trends analysis;
- water cycle maps for the analysis of the annual variations of the water table.
Two types of wetland indicators shall also be produced for the same points in time (1975-76, 1990-91, 2005-2006), making the best use of the wetland geo-information maps produced over the 200 wetland sites:
- Ramsar Indicators of effectiveness (defined by the STRP);
- Indicators on the status and trends of Mediterranean Wetlands (defined by the OMW).
GlobWetland II maps
- 200 Wetland Information Maps and Indicators (WIMI) derived from Landsat (acquisition dates: 1975/76, 1990/91, 2005/06)
- Inventory and delineation maps for different catchment areas derived from Landsat
- 5 Very High Resolution Maps (VHR) for detailed mapping and validation
- Radar (SAR) and Sentinel2 (S2) demonstration